Bacon and bay shrimp scampi, how could you go wrong? I say you can’t the two go together swimmingly! Add lots of fresh veggies and herbs and your all set for a plate full of deliciousness.
This dish comes together quickly, and you can easily sub out the fats in this recipe to fit your specific dietary requirements. I love the crunch of the al dente zucchini noodles with the salty shrimp and bacon. This dish is light yet super satisfying. It is wonderful piping hot out of the pan but equally good cold. Give it a whirl; I’m sure you will love it.
- 2 Cups wild bay shrimp, thawed
- 6 oz. gluten free, sugar free bacon, chopped
- 4 zucchini spiralized
- 4 cloves of fresh garlic, chopped finely
- ½ cup fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons ghee, or cooking fat of choice (coconut oil, bacon grease)
- Optional: Lemon zest
- Spiralize zucchini,chop all vegetables and bacon.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the bacon and cook about 5 minutes, add the shrimp and cook until shrimp are done about 2 minutes, set aside the shrimp and bacon.
- Add the olive oil and 1 Tablespoon of ghee to the pan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the zucchini and toss until well coated, cook for about 2 minuets or until desired doneness ( I like mine al dente)
- Add the shrimp, bacon, remaining tablespoon of ghee (or other cooking fat) and parsley, toss, turn off heat and serve. Add the optional lemon zest and serve