I cant help it… I eat with my eyes! I love orchestrating lots of color onto my plate at every meal. This recipe was first born out of using what I had on hand. I do branch out and buy different things, but there are some staples that I usually seem to have in my fridge at any given time: rainbow carrots, fresh herbs, lemon and cauliflower are a few of those.
Rainbow carrots add lots of color, Vitamin A, and fun factor for the kids, fresh herbs add their flavor punch and bright green vibrancy, lemon enhances everything and cauliflower is the base of this recipe. I LOVE the versatility of cauliflower! It can be used in so many different ways, the options are seemingly endless. We love this nutritional superstar in our house. Cauliflower is packed with Vitamin C and potassium and bursting with nutrient density, so what’s not to love. It’s mild flavor also pairs well with all sorts of accompanying foods and flavors.
If you have a food processor this recipe comes together really fast, with a grater disc attachment. If not, you can use a box grater with the same results… it will just take a bit longer. I hope you guys love this bright and flavorful side as much as we do, its great warm or cold, right out of the fridge. Pair it with your favorite protein for a complete meal. Enjoy!
- 1 Large head of cauliflower, grated (using a food processor or box grater)
- 4 Large rainbow carrots, grated (using a food processor or box grater)
- 1 Meyer lemon, cut into thin slices
- 4 Tablespoons fresh basil finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh dill finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil (plus additional drizzle before serving)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit
- Wash and pat dry the cauliflower and carrots
- In a food processor, fit with the grater disc attachment grate the cauliflower and the carrots
- Dump the grated cauliflower and carrots onto a rimmed baking sheet
- Add 2 tablespoons of the finely chopped basil, and the chopped dill
- Add the 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- Add the salt
- Mix gently to incorporate
- Spread evenly on the baking dish
- Arrange the thinly sliced meyer lemon slices evenly on the cauliflower
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes
- Remove from oven, place in a serving bowl and top with the remaining 2 tablespoons of basil and a drizzle of olive oil
Pairs well with any protein